We provide a comprehensive, multi-sensory empowerment programme which we are confident, can make a major contribution not only to general literacy but also to combat poverty and crime.
It contains and addresses vitally important life skills such as the raising of awareness and consciousness about living a healthy, wealthy, productive and happy life.
The programme which we provide concentrates on empowering the Facilitator not only to teach illiterates or semi-literates but to enable and empower far beyond the ordinary components of literacy: the alphabet, grammar and basic numeracy. Much more important issues are implicitly and explicitly addressed, like self-esteem, respect for life, living within ones means, creativity, stress handling, problem solving, in other words, all the real "Pathways to Successful Achievement" of every candidate's dreams.
There are many Human Resource Managers, Employers, NGO Officers and Politicians who have the best intentions to uplift the plus-minus 10-million adults who are functionally illiterate, and therefore almost without exception destined to poverty and crime to make a living. These authorities surely have the intentions of upliftment, but they do not always know HOW to do it.
If you have the intention and the will, we shall provide the KNOW HOW.
Our company provides an assessment programme called The Learning Ability Battery (LAB),which has proven to be accurate and reliable to:
- Assess the ability to learn.
- Accurately identify prior and present level of Basic Literacy in any one of 9 ethnic languages plus, English, Afrikaans, French, Portuguese and Swahili.
- The level of Numeracy and Maths: Grade 1 to 12.
- Eyesight and Hearing ability.
The computerised print out provides a complete graphic Picture/Profile of the candidate's present state, and level.
It identifies the high-fliers or most talented from the pool of candidates assessed.
The LAB is extensively used by several Companies:
- as a pre-employment assessment.
- or for selecting from already employed, the most talented fast learning ability candidates for further Career Development.
- and for preparing an individual Development Plan (IDP) for every employee, a critical requirement of the Employment Equity Act (EEA).
Summary: Combatting Poverty and Crime through Education
- Draw from the pool of about 10 million Functionally Illiterate Adults in South Africa selected candidates, some totally Illiterate and some Semi-literate.
- Assess with the LAB the current level of Literacy, Numeracy, Ability to Learn, hearing and eyesight ability.
- Place Learners in groups with similar abilities, i.e. fast and slow learners.
- Commence Fundamental Education with a Trained (LTF) Facilitator suitably equipped with Andragogical insight and Accelerated Education Technology and Training Aids.
- ABET Project Manager - 2 days.
- Personal Financial Management - 4 half days.
- Pathways to Successful Achievement - 3 days.
- Complementary Health Practitioner - 1 day: addressing the Cause of Disease, including HIV/Aids, Diabetes, Cancer, Arthritis, Thyroid, Obesity, High Blood Pressure and Chronic Fatigue etc.
- Health Coaching - 2 days.